Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 18 – Your favorite birthday

That's actually tough... The last few years, I've had pretty awesome birthdays. But I think this last one was my favorite.

Why?

Because I was completely happy all day. It felt like nothing could get on my nerves, and nothing did! It was all over, a GOOD day.

It started with waking up to "Happy Birthday" by The Ting Tings. I love this song because it's what is played at Shelley's party in The House Bunny (a favorite movie of "The Amigas"). Then, my sweet hubby had my gifts waiting for me in the living room! A bike and a new pair of DC's! I love them both. I wore my shoes that day :)

We ate breakfast and I went to work.

When I got there, my manager had gotten me a cake. It was SO AWESOME! I mean, what's better than a cookies n cream cake?! I don't know, but it made me feel all fuzzy inside. I shared it with all the guys. It was fun.

Then I got a call from Bryan saying that our good friend Andy was in Provo and he wanted to go to lunch for my birthday. He treated us to IN-N-Out burger. Again, just something that made me feel really happy--good times with good friends. Then I finished up at work and went home.

Bryan and I went on a bike ride to pass the time before we went to Chili's (my favorite) for dinner. I got wings and a salad and ate Bryan's mashed potatoes... It was delish :)

Then, we rented a film called Departures. I have to say that I think it's one of my new favorite movies and I wanted to find it and buy it.

Anyway, my birthday continued for the rest of the weekend. My sister and her family took us to dinner the next night and we watched a movie. Then on Saturday, I went shopping with her! My parents had sent me money and she got me a Kohl's giftcard and Kohl's cash. It was awesome.

Then, on Sunday, we had dinner at Bryan's parents house. My mother-in-law made me potatoes with hamburger gravy (so good!) and I got to spend time with the whole family! It was really special because it was my first birthday with my in-laws. They're so great.

All in all, GREAT birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment