Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 10 – Your belief

Well, the first thing that comes to mind that describes what I believe is a little song that I learned when I was in Primary:

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
I know who I am!
I know God's Plan!
I'll follow him in faith!
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor His name.
I'll do what is right!
I'll follow his light!
His truth I will proclaim!

It's probably the best song EVER. For real. It's pretty fun to sing.
Anyway, like the song says, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Or LDS. Or "Mormon"

What I believe is simple:
I know that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ. I know that they both love me infinitely and want me to return to their presence after my life on earth is over. I know that I came from my home in heaven to this earth because God has a plan for us; a plan I like to refer to as the Plan of Happiness because God made this plan for us to BE HAPPY. I know that by being baptized, I have been washed of my sins and have the opportunity to have the full fellowship of the Holy Ghost as my companion. I know that I can be forgiven of my sins and that I can keep myself unspotted from my sins. I know that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER. Through temple ordinances and sealings, families can be united NOT JUST TIL DEATH TO US PART, BUT FOREVER. I know that my family--that of my parents and siblings and my new family that Bryan and I have created--is forever and I am grateful for the sacred covenants I have made. I know that the Bible and Book of Mormon are the word of God and that there is a modern-day prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I love him and sustain him to be the messenger of God. I know that God still teaches us today through revelation. I know that the trials we face in this life are given to us because GOD KNOWS WE CAN MAKE IT! He knows our strengths, our weaknesses, our knowledge, our faults, and He would NEVER give us something that we couldn't handle.
I love my Father in Heaven and I pray every day that I will live a life worthy of His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment