Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 17 – Your favorite memory


Well... It's hard to think of just one.

But one of my favorites is when my husband told me he loved me for the first time.

We had already kinda jumped into our relationship. A week after we met, we were "official." But, like I tell everyone, it was just instant the friendship that we had. So, we didn't waste any time ;) lol

Anyway, he was dropping me off after a night of hanging out with our friends, but I felt a little distressed. The next day, he was going to the airport with all of our other friends to see THE EX-GIRLFRIEND come home from her mission.

Now, when I say she is "The Ex-Girlfriend", I mean, she and my husband dated before their missions, talked about getting married, the whole SHEBANG. So, I was a little worried. I mean, Bryan and I had only been dating about a month and so I was pretty much convinced that once he saw her that he was going to drop me like a hot plate and run. I felt like he probably wasn't that attached to me and with his past with this girl, he would just leave me behind. But, I really liked him. I wanted to date him and get to know him... But I was so intimidated.

Anyway, back to the story. He was dropping me off and I was just being quiet and not saying much because I was scared of what the next night was going to hold because in my mind, he was going to come to me and say, "I'm sorry this was so short, but I know that my feelings for (ex-girlfriend) are real." But, that didn't happen. While I was sitting there in my silence, fighting my tears, Bryan broke into me like he always does. He's very good at making me talk. So, I just went on about how I felt about him and how I was scared of what tomorrow held for our relationship.

At that moment, Bryan took my face in his hands and put my nose against his. "Kelsey," he said, "I want you to know that you don't have anything to worry about. You are amazing. And... I think..." (dramatic pause) "I think..." (Another pause) "I think that... I love you."

At that moment, everything swelled up inside me.

I looked up at him and didn't say anything at first, but then when I realized that all those feelings that were filling me were of joy and happiness, I told him "I love you, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment