Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Bryan's cousin Bryton is looking for Christmas traditions.

First off, I lovelovelove her piggy bank Christmas tradition. So cute. I may have to adopt it for myself.

Secondly, I'm grateful that I read her blog today so I could feel motivated to write. (since I've been dead to the world)

Thirdly, let's talk about CHRISTMAS.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Bryan and I have started a little tradition where we open our gifts to each other before Christmas, that way we can do it together. It's so sharing our own little Christmas. That's pretty much our only tradition together.

One of my favorite traditions from growing up was caroling outside my parents' bedroom door. You see, on Christmas morning, we would all convene in my parents room, make their bed, kneel next to it and thank our Father in Heaven for our Savior before going to demolish the living room.
Well, my parents didn't want all 9 of us barging in there (especially when they were (a) in their garments aka undies and (b)up all night laying out presents so they didn't want to get up right when we did).
My parents locked us out of their room.
So, we sang. Usually, it wasn't very pretty because we just wanted to wake them up so we could commence the demolishing of the living room. But, in the end, it has become one of my favorite thing about Christmas.

Thanks, Bryton :)

1 comment:

  1. love this! thanks! gotta love spur-of-the-moment traditions! ha!

    ReplyDelete