Friday, December 16, 2011

"Christmas Must Be Something More" by Taylor Swift

This song has become a new favorite of mine. I first heard it three years ago at a little Christmas luncheon with my sister and some of the ladies from my ward (the group of people I go to church with).

I just love it and the message it gives. It's like in How the Grinch Stole Christmas when the Grinch realizes that "Maybe Christmas, perhaps, is a little bit more."
When Christmas first came...
It came without ribbons! It came without tags! It came without packages, boxes, or bags!

It came with a simple babe, wrapped in swaddling clothes. It came with angels singing on the most high, "Joy to the world, the Lord is come!"

It continues to come with charity, the pure love of Christ. As we give our hearts to others in service, we give to our Father in Heaven and our Savior.

Happy 9 days til Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment