Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our First Christmas :)

Okay, I know it's a little early. But, hey! We wanted our OWN little Christmas with just the two of us.

It started off with us talking about our family's traditions. Turns out, they're pretty similar. Except my family's Christmas morning is a little more intense than his, but his family's Christmas Eve is an all-out program compared to mine.
But that's not the point.
So, we talked it out and decided we wanted to sing one of our favorite Christmas songs (we did mine this year). Then we would read Luke 2. Then, we would turn on the music and open presents!
This year, we sang "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear." I don't know why, but I've always loved that song. I guess that this song just personifies how I imagined that sacred night to be.
The world in solemn stillness lay to hear the angels sing
Love it.
What I loved even more was that Bryan totally doesn't know the words :) lol. It was awesome. And made me giggle. While trying to play the piano. It was eventful, LEMME TELL YA.
Then we read from Luke 2.
It was such a sweet reminder of the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I'm so grateful for my Savior and his willingness to come to this earth to teach us and save us.
Then... We opened presents!
I made Bryan open all his presents first (that spoiled boy). I got him a sweater from Express, new warm-up pants (Adidas. For free. From work. Woot!), and some business socks ;) (See my playlist to understand why it is so funny).
Then, I opened my present.
Bryan got me a GORGEOUS jewelry box! I love it! I've needed one for a while. I've been keeping all my jewelry in a little Victoria's Secret bag. Let's just say, it wasn't very... Good. Yeah. Everything was all crazy and mixed up and sometimes would end up sad looking because it was all smashed in the bag.
But my NEW jewelry box was EXACTLY what I wanted/needed. I love my hubby :)

Pictures to come!
Merry CHRISTmas

1 comment:

  1. How sweet. I love that you did it just the two of you! Mike's family does everything Christmas Eve and our family does as well, but nobody does anything Christmas morning. I wish it was more like you and Bryan because then it would be easier to decide where to spend Christmas Eve each year!

    ReplyDelete