Friday, December 11, 2009

So, it's December! Too long...

Well...

"‘Tis winter now; the fallen snow
Has left the heav’ns all coldly clear;
Through leafless boughs the sharp winds blow,
And all the earth lies dead and drear.

And yet God’s love is not withdrawn;
His life within the keen air breathes;
His beauty paints the crimson dawn,
And clothes the boughs with glittering wreaths.

And though abroad the sharp winds blow,
And skies are chill, and frosts are keen,
Home closer draws her circle now,
And warmer glows her light within.

O God! Who giv’st the winter’s cold
As well as summer’s joyous rays,
Us warmly in Thy love enfold,
And keep us through life’s wintry days."

--Samuel Longfellow

Those are the lyrics to one of the songs the Collegiate singers are singing this holiday season. It's been wonderful so far. Bryan came home with me for Thanksgiving. Oh, it was so good to see my family again! How I missed them! All my siblings, the kids, my parents! It was so fun! There was a family talent show and we took family pictures and we played games Friday afternoon... It was just all around wonderful! It seemed like the week went by too fast.
Bryan and I are now just waiting out the end of the semester. Both of us are working so hard to get decent grades on our finals, we barely see each other. But, it's all for a good cause. We'll get to spend all winter together.
It's starting to hit me... I may not be coming back to Idaho. Bryan keeps telling me that he doesn't have an answer about us getting married so I almost don't want to start making any changes to my life just in case he decides that I'm not supposed to be his wife. Just the thought of not being him just tears be apart, but I won't dwell on that. Anyway, we went ring shopping the other day and I found a ring that I loved! I dreamed about that ring. But I will be happy with whatever ring I get... If I get one *sighs* oh well.
Anyway, I have finals and juries to prepare for.

No comments:

Post a Comment