Thursday, May 31, 2012

I feel so NERVOUS!

So, Bryan has been working SO hard on a script, a business plan, and a Kickstarter campaign for about 6 months now.

In the next 48 hours, we launch our Kickstarter campaign.

Tonight, I talk to several siblings and friends about how to pledge and help make our dream a reality.

And... I'm TERRIFIED.

I'm the kind of person whose mind always goes to the worst-case-scenario.

This is slowly turning into one of those moments.

You see, people look at Bryan and I and think we're crazy.

Yes, Bryan quit school.
Yes, I'm working full-time and going to school so Bryan can be home more to work on this whole thing.
Yes, we're taking some huge risks starting this business.

But let me just say this:


When you look down on us-- and vocalize it, for that matter-- for taking a chance on our dreams now when we have the time and motivation to do it, it doesn't help.


You know what does help though? Support. Any support you can give.

So, this is why talking to my siblings and friends is becoming scary...
I'm afraid they don't believe in us enough to make the pledge.

Can I ask my readers something?

Don't you want to be part of something that could change someone's life?

When it's live, I'll post a link to our Kickstarter page so you can be part of something that will change not just our lives, but everyone's who is involved in this project...

If you want to, follow our journey here.

Believe in us. It sure is a lonely road to making your dreams come true.

_ _ _ 
I'm sorry this post is kind of bi-polar and not really me, but it's how I'm feeling right now...

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo exciting!!! Worst case scenario- you live like poor church mice and get in a little debt. You're young. This is a good time when you don't have extra mouths to feed. Good luck! Please let me know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacylyn, thank you! I'll be posting about it and I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete