Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The 4th of July... On the 3rd.

Since I'll be sitting in a car all day tomorrow, I figured I'd talk a little bit about why 

i love america.

I come from a strong military background.
Both of my grandpas served in World War II, one receiving a purple heart.
Three of my mom's brothers served in Vietnam.
My dad and all three of his brothers served in some branch of the military.
My dad spent about 3 years in Thailand. 
A year of that time was spent engaged and married to my mom.
Bryan sometimes talks about joining the Army, if movies don't work out.
It terrifies me, but--to be completely honest--I wouldn't be a more proud wife than to have a soldier as a husband.
I have several friends who, upon graduating high school, joined the military.
It makes my heart so grateful for the sacrifice.

I know that this country was built upon a foundation of our forefathers,
in the hopes that its freedoms will never break down.

I was told once to uphold all the laws and rights in this country, so that this chosen land will prosper through to the last days and to the second coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I take that very seriously.

Every time I have sung The Star-Spangled Banner, my heart is filled with pride.
Every time I see veterans leading out the parades on the morning of Independence day, 
I weep with gratitude.

I love my country.
Let freedom ring.

God Bless America.

1 comment: